Have you wanted to add closed captioning to your captivate projects to enhance audience reach or to give options to users who cannot listen to audio files in some locations, but found that the placement of the captions interfered with design elements?
One of the new features in Captivate 10 puts control of closed captioning in the hands of content designers by providing a customization tool set. This short tutorial will step you through using the new feature.
- Go to Properties >> Options for the slide containing the audio file.
- Then click on the slide [Audio] button.
- Click on the Closed Captioning icon in the Slide Notes The Closed Captioning window will be displayed.
- Click on the gear icon to open the Closed Captioning window.
- The closed captioning for all the slides within the project can be edited from this window. See image for overview of options.
- Click the [Apply] button to save slide changes.
- Click the [Close] button when all changes have been made.