Captivate 2017 provides a preset device menu that allows you to preview exactly how your content will look on specific devices. This version also puts the control of this feature in your hands by allow you to add more devices to the menu, as needed.
To use this feature:
- Open a responsive project in Captivate 2017.
- Click on the Preview in drop down menu icon and then click on the desired device view. Modify content as needed.
If the required device is not listed create a custom preview by:
- Clicking on the Custom option in the Preview in drop down window.
- Type the device screen dimensions in the fields to the right of the drop down window.
- Then click on the plus [+] to the right of the dimensions The New Custom Preview screen will be displayed.
- Enter a name for the new device preview and then click the [OK]
The new device will be listed in the Preview in drop down menu the next time that Captivate is restarted.