Another one of the great new features in Captivate 2017 is the ability to easily change Captivate 8 or 9 non-responsive projects to responsive project with a simply using a save as function. I also found that I could convert Captivate 7 project to responsive projects by first upgrading them to Captivate 9 projects then bringing in 10 and saving them out again.
To convert non-responsive project to responsive projects:
- Click the File link in the top menu bar.
- Click on Save As Responsive… in the drop down menu.
- A conversion pop-up box will be displayed. Click the [Save]
- The Save As window will be displayed. Save the responsive project to a place of your choosing.
- Captivate will now display the converted project.
- More than likely edits will have to be made to slide content to assure optimal display can be achieved on multiple devices. In the Properties >> Style window click on the [Suggest Magicboxes] button on each slide that requires editing.
- The Fluid Boxes dialog options will now be displayed in Properties >> Style (See the Fluid Box tutorial for more assistance is setting the options presented.)