- Familiarize yourself with the course/learning management system and curriculum (if you are teaching pre-designed course)?
- Made any necessary arrangements for face-to-face sessions?
- Emailed students to confIrm their email addresses?
- Entered your own details into the Faculty Information area?
- Posted the syllabus and links to required plugins in the Course Description area?
- Posted curriculum in the Course Materials area?
- Added external resources to the Course Materials area?
- Created the fIrst discussion forum?
- Posted an orientation announcement?
- Sent participants a welcome email announcing orientation?
Online Course Facilitation
- Reviewed the content of the upcoming session (should be done on a weekly basis)?
- Emailed the announcement of each session to participants (recommend weekly emails)?
- Created a discussion forum for each session?
- Posted an announcement of each session?
- Responded to discussion postings at least every other day?
- Posted a summary of the previous week's discussion?
- Sent a mid-session reminder to prompt participation (when necessary)?
- Checked in with participants who have yet to post in the session discussion forum?
- Posted participant materials or web sites of interest in the Discussion Forum, Announcements or Course Materials folder as necessary?
Course Closure Checklist
- Scheduled a follow-up session with students if necessary?
- Emailed students to remind them to complete the course assessment?
- Fulfilled all weekly facilitation responsibilities for the final Session?
- Posted a congratulatory announcement?
- Emailed notes of congratulations to participants?
- Confirmed that you have each student's final product/exam if applicable?